Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our first post!

We thought it would be fun to share a little bit about ourselves and we'd love to hear from you as well! We are a mother and daughter team (emphasis on mother) aiming to create beautiful handmade items for today's mom and child. It all started after I (Nellie) was walking through a local upscale children's boutique and couldn't find the perfect baby blanket for my soon to be born baby boy. I knew that once again I would be enlisting my mother (Lana) to create what I was looking for: something of fine quality that is both up to date and timeless at the same time. After putting our brains together and searching for the right fabrics we had the perfect blankie for our little Benji. It was so much fun coming up with his perfect blanket that we decided to have a blast and sell my mom's blankets to some boutiques (with much appreciated help from my sister Angie) which has led us to where we are today. My mother has since inspired me to pull out my dusty sewing machine and begin creating myself. We are selling our items in a total of 7 shops in California and we also have our etsy shop.


A few tidbits about Lana:
-- Born in Duluth, MN
--Her Swedish grandmother taught her to sew at the ripe old age of 5 (yes, you're reading that right!)
--Has a weakness for anything sweet
--Loves all things sewing!!
--Is a great teacher and would LOVE it if someone would ask her something about sewing, sewing machines or fabric

Some facts about me:
-- I am a Registered Nurse
-- Have two kiddos: Anna 2 and Benjamin 4 months
-- Have been sewing since the age of 7 (mom taught me of course)
--I LOVE to cook and will try to post some of my favorite recipes in the future



Here is a photo of Benji's blanket.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have. Thanks for looking!

Nellie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blankets are very pretty!